Creating Mixed Model Value Streams: Practical Lean Techniques for Building to Demand by Kevin J. Duggan free download.
Following in the footsteps of its bestselling predecessor, Kevin J. Duggan, an executive mentor and recognized authority on Lean and Operational Excellence, draws on more than 10 years of experience and learning to provideCreating Mixed Model Value Streams, Second Edition. This second edition takes a step-by-step approach to implementing Lean in complex environments and describes which Lean techniques to use when faced with difficult situations―including high product mix, scheduling problems, shared resources, and unstable customer demand. In addition to a new section on handling shared resources to support mixed model production, the second edition:
- Contains updates to sections on mixed model value streams
- Introduces new information on constructing product family matrices
- Expands on the concept of takt in mixed models
- Provides additional insights on existing mixed model concepts, such as determining product family, taktcapability, and heijunka (load level scheduling)
- Presents new concepts on sequencing work, such as offset scheduling and sequenced first-in, first-out (FIFO) lanes
Illustrated with a case study based on actual experience as well as a CD with helpful tools, the book walks readers through the reasoning the author has used with great success in practice. It delves beyond the basics of value stream mapping to explain how to create future states in a manufacturing environment characterized by multiple products, varying cycle times, and changing demand. Demonstrating advanced techniques for creating flow through shared resources, it also considers the concept of a guaranteed turnaround time for the shared resource.
The Accompanying CD Includes:
- Spreadsheet and tutorial for sorting products into families
- Spreadsheets for calculating equipment required and for determining the interval for Every Part Every Interval (EPEI)
- Samples of visual method sheets for standard work
- Case study value stream maps and mapping icons
<< Creating Mixed Model Value Streams: Practical Lean Techniques for Building to Demand >>
Size: 3.853 MB